2017 Form 11 – File and Pay on ROS
You can file your 2017 income tax return now on Revenue Online Service (ROS). In filing your return online and early:
- you have the certainty of having met your obligation to file the return
- ROS will do the calculation of tax liability which will help you make your self-assessment
- you will have your assessment of liability to tax, Universal Social Charge (USC) and Pay Related Social Insurance (PRSI) as relevant
- you can set the payment date to 14 November 2018 (which is the ROS extended filing deadline. It is 31 October 2018 if you file a paper return).
Detailed help including a range of videos on completing the online F11 return is available from Filing your tax return under the Self-assessment and self-employment section.
If you are due a refund, you should note that we pay any refunds directly to your bank account. Your bank account details need to be on your ROS record. To do this, please:
- sign in to ROS
- go to the My Services page
- go to Manage Bank Accounts
- select ‘Manage EFT’ in the Refunds section.
Make sure you are registered for ROS. Log into ROS in advance of the deadline to ensure that you can access ROS and file your return on time.
If you are notified that your ROS digital certificate is due to be renewed, please renew it on time.
In 2017 we updated the ROS registration process. We included security questions as a means of authenticating ROS users. ROS Administrators can use a new, quicker Reset ROS Login option if experiencing issues logging into ROS due to:
- password problems
- lost digital certificate
- an expired digital certificate.
You do not have to contact the ROS Helpdesk when you need to re-activate a ROS certificate.
A video showing how to register for ROS is available on ROS Help.
For more information go to ROS Help.