Social welfare payments

You should tell Revenue if you have received any payments from the Department of Social Protection (DSP) during the year. You can find a list of the types of payments and how tax is calculated in the Taxation of social welfare payments section. 

Rates of social welfare payments are available for the current year and prior years from Rates of Payment (SW19) on the DSP website.

If you are an employer with staff receiving social welfare payments, you can find out how to tax this on the Taxation of social welfare payments section in Employing people.