Microbreweries - establishment and relief


A relief from Alcohol Products Tax (APT) is available for beer produced in qualifying microbreweries. Either the brewery or the wholesaler who releases the beer on the Irish market can claim the relief.

This section provides an overview of the relief and how it can be claimed. 

Next: What is a microbrewery?