Temporary admission of commercial samples
You can use the temporary admission procedure to import commercial samples for trade promotion purposes from outside the European Union (EU). If you use this procedure you will have to provide security or pay your duty on deposit. You can reclaim this when you re-export your goods.
Rules on temporary admission of commercial samples
There are general rules for temporary admission with regard to:
- the goods remaining unchanged
- the time allowed
- the import and re-export procedures
- prohibitions and restrictions.
In addition to the general rules, the following rules apply to commercial samples:
- They must be solely used for being shown or demonstrated in the EU.
- You must import the samples in reasonable quantities depending on their use.
If you require further information, contact the Authorisations and Reliefs Unit.