Import Control System 2 (ICS 2)
The Import Control system (ICS) is being gradually replaced with a new system called Import Control System 2 (ICS2). This new system will allow for the implementation of the new Union Customs Code (UCC) processes and procedures relating to the entry of goods.
- multiple filing of advance cargo information under Article 127(6) of the UCC
- the involvement of more supply chain actors and business models as set out Article 127(4) of the UCC.
What is ICS2?
ICS2 is a new and updated customs electronic import system. It will manage the advance safety and security risk analysis for all goods entering the European Union (EU).
Benefits of ICS2
- Strengthen protection of EU citizens and the internal market against security and safety threats.
- Allow EU Customs authorities to better identify high-risk consignments and intervene at the most appropriate point in supply chain.
- Facilitate cross-border clearance of legitimate trade.
- Simplify the exchange of information between Economic Operators (EOs) and EU customs authorities.
Next: ICS2 release schedule