Revenue has undertaken an extensive communications programme to assist taxpayers in understanding the changes due with PAYE modernisation.
As part of the programme, Revenue:
- Hosted 113 regional seminars over September and October 2018 which were free to attend. They covered 36 locations nationwide.
- Wrote to all employers in April and September 2018 to outline the changes.
- Participated in over 200 outreach events nationwide, which were attended by employer representative bodies and payroll software providers. These events included webinars, workshops, conferences and briefing sessions.
- Carried out over 50,000 employer telephone contacts and almost 11,000 employer visits.
- Advertised the changes extensively through ongoing print, broadcast and social media advertising campaigns.