Buying goods online for personal use
How to pay your import charges
- For goods being imported by post:
- An Post will calculate the amount of charges you owe.
- They will attach a customs docket to your package with details of the amount of import charges owed.
- For goods being imported by courier:
- The courier will calculate the amount of charges you owe.
- They will contact you directly with details of the amount of import charges owed and how to pay these charges.
You will need to pay these charges to An Post or the courier before they will release your goods to you.
If you are a regular importer, Revenue may ask you to register for an EORI (Economic Operator Registration and Identification) number.
Next: How to claim a refund of Customs Duty and Value-Added Tax (VAT)