PAYE customers – end of year process
Income Tax Return
For self-assessed and self-employed customers, please see Filing your tax return.
For PAYE customers, please see the information below.
The quickest and easiest way to complete an Income Tax Return is through PAYE Services in myAccount.
In order to claim additional tax credits, or declare additional income for a previous year, you must complete an Income Tax Return. You can do this by following these steps:
All Pay As You Earn (PAYE) customers must complete an Income Tax Return to:
- claim additional tax credits, reliefs or expenses
- declare additional income
- obtain a Statement of Liability for the year
- claim refunds of any tax or Universal Social Charge (USC) overpaid
- confirm any liability of any tax or USC underpaid.
Video on 'How to request a Statement of Liability and complete an Income Tax Return'.
Video on 'How to request a Statement of Liability and complete an Income Tax Return for 2018'.
Income Tax Return submissions must be made within four years after the end of the tax year to which the return relates. From January 2022, you can submit an Income Tax Return for the years 2018-2021.
Next: Statement of Liability