Periods of unemployment

What happens when you return to work

You need to tell us about your new job using the Jobs and Pensions service in myAccount.

Also tell us about any payments you have received from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) during the year. We will ask some other questions to help us work out your tax credits.

You will be able to view your Tax Credit Certificate in PAYE Services ('Manage my tax 2019') available in myAccount in two working days. Your new employer will be sent a copy and will use this to calculate your Income Tax and Universal Social Charge.

Next: Taxation of Jobseeker's Benefit