Personal Public Service Number (PPSN)

Your PPSN is a unique reference number that is needed for all dealings with public service agencies, including Revenue.

PPSNs are given by the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP).

If you are non-resident in Ireland you can contact the DEASP's Client Identity Services (CIS). You can do this by:

They will send you the forms to request a new PPSN. When they have received these forms back from you, they will then contact you by letter to the address given on the application form.

Personal information changes

The DEASP is responsible for managing the PPSN for every individual, including name changes and gender recognition. for more information on this please see the DEASP’s website about:

Revenue will only amend your tax record with regard to your name or gender when DEASP have updated their PPSN records.