Universal Social Charge (USC)
What payments and income are exempt from USC?
The following payments are exempt from USC:
- All payments received from the Department of Social Protection (DSP)
- Payments that are similar to DSP payments, but paid by another body such as:
- Blind Welfare Supplementary Allowance
- Community Employment Scheme
- Farm Retirement Pensions
- Fund for Students with Disabilities
- Job Initiative Scheme
- Mobility Allowance
- social welfare payments received from another country
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS)
- Youthreach Training Allowance.
Your income will be exempt from USC if it is less than:
- €13,000 in 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017
Other income that is exempt from USC includes:
You can find a full list of USC exemptions in section 12 of the USC manual.
Next: Calculating your USC