Used vehicles imported from the United Kingdom

Revenue is aware that the UK Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency has withdrawn the Certificate of Permanent Export from circulation. This was an alternative to the standard V5 registration certificate for the purposes of re-registering a vehicle in the State. From now on the UK authorities will only be issuing V5 certificates to persons resident in the UK.

Customers are reminded that foreign registration documentation is required when presenting a used vehicle for registration in the State. Furthermore customers are reminded that the vehicle must be accompanied by this documentation. Vehicles presented without all the correct documentation will be refused registration.

It should be noted Revenue will continue to accept a Certificate of Permanent Export where it is presented.