Submit a claim under the Charitable Donation Scheme
This online service allows charities to submit a claim under the Charitable Donations Scheme (CDS).
Further information on the conditions of the scheme can be found at Charitable Donation Scheme.
How to access the service to claim tax relief
You can submit a claim by signing into Revenue Online Service (ROS) and following the below steps:
- Under 'File a Return' section, click 'complete a Form Online'.
- Select the tax type 'Charitable Donations' and the form ‘CDS1’.
- Click 'File Return'.
- Select the CDS period for which you wish to file.
- Enter donation details and click 'Add Donation'.
- Click 'Continue' to sign and submit claim.
To upload forms completed offline
This format is suitable for a claim with a large number of donors. Create an Excel spreadsheet with the donor details. The Excel file needs to be created in a specific format and then saved as a CSV (comma delimited) file.
For more detailed information and CSV file example, please see the schemas and notes Charitable Donations.
When you have completed the offline CSV file, sign into ROS and follow the below steps:
- Under 'File a return' section click 'Upload Form(s) Completed Off-line'.
- Select 'Charitable donations' from the drop-down list.
- Click 'Upload Return'.
- From the file upload facility click 'Add file(s)'.
- Select the appropriate CSV file from your local system.
- Enter your password.
- Select 'Upload File(s)' button to submit the file to ROS.
You will be issued with a notice number when your file is uploaded successfully.
The charity should provide bank details via ROS to facilitate a refund on a once-off basis. To provide these details, you need to sign into ROS and complete the below steps:
- Under 'Payment & Refunds' section select 'Manage Bank Accounts'.
- Under 'Refunds' select 'Manage EFT'.
- Select CDS from tax type list and click 'Input'.
- Input IBAN and BIC fields and select next.
- Input exact same details to verify information is correct.
- Sign and submit to ROS.