Register for an Economic Operators' Registration and Identification (EORI) number
The EORI online registration service allows you to register for an EORI number online. If you are a trader who imports or exports goods into or out of the European Union (EU), you will need an EORI number. This number is valid throughout the EU. It is used as a common reference number for interactions with the customs authorities in any Member State.
You can view this video guide on how to register for EORI.
What you need to use the service
To use the service, you will need:
- Revenue Online Service (ROS) login details and a valid ROS digital certificate
- a registration for customs and excise in ROS.
How to access the service
If you are accessing this service through myAccount, you should make a request for an EORI registration through MyEnquiries.
If you are accessing this service through ROS, you must register for customs and excise. You can register using the following steps:
- Click on 'Manage Tax Registrations'.
- Under 'Registration Options' click on 'Register' beside Customs and Excise.
- Enter all the details on the eRegistration form.
- There will be a check box option to declare if you are 'importing/exporting goods to/from the EU'. If this option is not selected, click 'Add To Your Requests'.
- Under the 'Requests' section, click on 'Submit'.
- You will now be registered for customs and excise.
Once you have successfully completed this registration, you can then apply for an EORI number through the same process outlined above.