Verify a consignment release
The Consignment Release Verification (CRV) service allows compound operators to validate clearance documents. It is a simple and secure way of checking online that goods have been cleared by customs, allowing them to be released.
The service will provide you with one of the following responses:
- Goods are discharged (including date of discharge).
- Goods are not discharged.
- The customs declaration number is not on file.
What you need to use the service
To access the CRV service you will need:
- your Revenue Online Service (ROS) login details and a valid ROS digital certificate
- the customs declaration number of the consignment.
How to access the service
You can access this service through ROS by following these steps:
- Download the offline CRV application and save it to your computer desktop.
- Once the application is installed, you can log in to ROS using your digital certificate.
- Enter the customs declaration number of the consignment you wish to verify.
- Wait for the service to respond to tell you if you can release the consignment to your premises.