File an Excise Duty Entry (EDE) declaration
The EDE declaration service allows excise traders to complete EDE declarations electronically. An EDE declaration is used to declare and pay Excise Duty on excisable products acquired from other EU Member States.
Who is the service for?
The service is for customs and excise registered customers who acquire excisable goods to be entered into home consumption in Ireland.
What you need to use the service
To use the service, you will need the:
- supplier name and address
- importer Revenue number
- importer name and address
- Irish Excise Registered Trader (IERT) number
- local number
- declarant Revenue number
- declarant name and address
- country of dispatch code
- date of dispatch
- office of entry code
- Revenue office code
- payer Revenue number
- electronic administration document (e-AD) number
- excise reference number.
How to access the service
You can access the service through the Revenue Online Service (ROS) by following these steps:
- Access the 'My Services' screen.
- On the 'File a Return' panel, select tax type 'C&E'.
- Select return type 'EDE'.
- Click the button 'File Return' to open the online EDE application.
You can also access this service as a Direct Trader Input (DTI) customer using your own software. If so, you can transmit the EDE to us through a web service.