Return a Mortgage Interest Relief (Tax Relief at Source - TRS) overpayment

If you are registered for TRS and wish to repay an overpayment, you can do this online. An overpayment can occur where mortgage interest relief is paid in respect of a ‘non-qualifying residence loan’.

What you need in order to use the service

To use the service, you will need:

  • your registration details for myAccount or the Revenue Online Service (ROS)
  • your mortgage account number
  • the amount that you would like to repay
  • your credit card, debit card, or international bank account number (IBAN) and Bank Identifier Code (BIC) details.

How to access the service

You can access the service through myAccount, by clicking 'Make a Payment' on the 'Payments/Repayments' card on your myAccount dashboard.

You can access the service through ROS, by following these steps:

  • Click on the ‘My Services’ section from the ROS main menu.
  • In the ‘Payments & Refunds’ section, select the payment type of ‘Tax Payment/Declaration’ and tax type of ‘TRS’.
  • Click on the ‘Make Payment’ button.