Collection of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses
When you use the internet, you are assigned an IP address. When you visit our site, we record certain technical details in connection with visits to this website. These details are used for a number of purposes including administering the site, analysing trends and gathering statistics.
The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- the IP address assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider
- the top-level domain name used (for example, .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this web site (for example, pages accessed and documents downloaded)
- the type of web browser used by the website visitor
- the version of the operating system used by the visitor.
Revenue does not link technical details collected, in connection with visits to revenue.ie, with your tax data.