Claiming a tax refund if you are unemployed

Your employer should give you a Form P45 when you leave your job. It shows your pay and the Pay As You Earn (PAYE), Universal Social Charge (USC) and Pay Related Social Insurance (PRSI) deducted for the year up to the date you leave. 

See Periods of unemployment for details of how to claim a refund of tax and USC if you are unemployed.