Employers, local authorities, LPT agents, statistics, LPT legislation

Local Property Tax (LPT) agents

You can use an agent to file your LPT Returns and make LPT payments on your behalf. To do so, you must confirm to Revenue which agent you have authorised to act on your behalf, and for which properties.  

To confirm your authorisation, you can use the Agent Link Notification LPT Form.  

You must also specify the Property ID of the property for which the agent is authorised to act. If there are a number of properties, you should use the bulk upload template.

Agent enquiries

Agents must access MyEnquiries via Revenue Online Service (ROS) if they wish to enquire about their clients' tax affairs.

Business customers who have a ROS digital certificate can access MyEnquiries from the 'My Services' tab under 'Other Services'. Business customers who do not have an active ROS digital certificate can either register for myAccount or ROS.

Foreign-based agents do not require a Tax Reference Number to register. Foreign-based agents who:

  • have a Tax Advisor Identification Number (TAIN)
  • and
  • do not have an Irish Tax Reference Number

can register for ROS using the TAIN.

Next: Local Property Tax (LPT) statistics