Other Stamp Duty refunds


You may be due a refund if you:

  • overpay Stamp Duty on an instrument (written document)
  • pay Stamp Duty on an instrument which is not chargeable to Stamp Duty
  • or 
  • pay Stamp Duty on an instrument for which there is a specific refund provision in Stamp Duty law.

On 10 October 2017 (Budget Day) there was an increase in the rate of Stamp Duty on non-residential property. Transitional arrangements apply if certain conditions are met.


  • the transitional arrangements apply
  • and
  • you paid Stamp Duty at the rate of 6%

you may be due a refund.

For more information on the transitional arrangements, see Current Rates of Stamp Duty.

You may qualify for a refund under the Residential Development Stamp Duty Refund Scheme.

Next: How do you claim a refund