Other Stamp Duty refunds
Time limit on Stamp Duty refund claims
You must make your Stamp Duty refund claim within a period of four years from:
- the date Revenue stamped the instrument (written document), that is, the date on the stamp certificate
- the date the young trained farmer achieves the required educational standard, if you are claiming Young Trained Farmer Relief
- the date the local authority acknowledged your Commencement Notice or 7 Day Notice as valid in the case of the Residential Development Stamp Duty Refund Scheme.
However, if you are claiming a refund of Stamp Duty paid on:
- certain instruments combined with a building agreement for a dwelling house or apartment
- certain leases combined with a building agreement for a dwelling house or apartment
you must make your refund claim within three years of the date on the stamp certificate.