When is a Tax Clearance Certificate required?

To apply for a public sector contract

If you receive payments from a public sector contract of more than €10,000, Value-Added Tax (VAT) inclusive, during the year you will need a Tax Clearance Certificate.

This limit is set by the Department of Finance circular on the granting of contracts.

If the contract is for a construction project, you will also need an RCT rate of 0% or 20%. This will be checked when the contract is due to be paid.

Tax clearance is required even if there is no formal contract in place to supply goods or services.

Next: To apply to join the Criminal Legal Aid Panel