Revenue eBrief No. 012/21

27 January 2021

Queries regarding Restricted Shares held under other arrangements

Restricted shares under section 128D TCA 1997 must be held in a trust established by the employer or held under such other arrangements as the Revenue Commissioners may allow. The Share Schemes Manual - Chapter 8 on Restricted Shares has been updated to confirm that queries regarding other arrangements should be sent to the Employee Share Scheme Section of Revenue via MyEnquiries or at The examples in the TDM have also been updated.