Revenue eBrief No. 054/23
10 March 2023
Exempt Unit Trust (EUT) February 2023 Filing - Deadline extension and Updated Form EUT1 available
A new version of the Form EUT1 is now available on the Collective Investment Vehicles page, in the Related Forms panel of the Revenue website.
Section 731(5)(a)(iii) of the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997 obliges EUTs to file this statement annually. This new version of the Form EUT1 should be used for filings in respect of the year of assessment 2022. The filing deadline for Form EUT1 in respect of the year of assessment 2022 is extended to 5 May 2023.
As noted on page 1 of the Form EUT1, filing should be completed electronically and returned to Revenue via MyEnquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Form EUT1 has been updated by the addition of the following panels:
- Disclosure of unitholder type (i.e. state if either a pension or a charity);
- General Overview of business activities carried out by the EUT in the year of assessment;
- Details of any Material Transactions carried out by the EUT in the year of assessment;
- Details of any transactions entered into with persons connected with any unit holder in the EUT in the year of assessment;
- Disclosure of Assets held by EUT at end of year of assessment (which includes disclosure of asset type, location and value); and
- Detailed guidance notes attached to the updated Form EUT1 to assist completion of the statement, including practical examples illustrating level of detail required.