Revenue eBrief No. 169/23
24 July 2023
Irish Real Estate Funds (IREF) Guidance Note and IREF Declarations
Tax and Duty Manual ("TDM") Part 27-01b-02 IREF Guidance Note and TDM Part Part 27-02b-01 IREF Declarations have been updated to make reference to the following:
- Pan-European Pension Product ("PEPP") provisions introduced by section 21 of Finance Act 2022; and
- All current Approved Minimum Retirement Funds (AMRFs) effectively became Approved Retirement Funds (ARFs) as of 1 January 2022, following the Finance Act 2021 amendments to the AMRF legislation.
In addition, TDM Part 27-02b-01 IREF Declarations has been updated;
- to request supporting documentation evidencing the equivalent nature of an entity where appropriate;
- to request additional baseline information where appropriate;
- to remove detailed guidance regarding the transitional arrangements that were in place to assist with the introduction of the IREF declaration process, but which are now expired.