Sports bodies tax exemption

Winding up a sports body

You must advise the Charities and Sports Exemption Unit if:

  • your sports body has to wind up
  • or
  • it is unable to promote the game or sport for which it was created.

To notify Revenue you must complete and submit a Notice of Winding Up through Revenue Online Service (ROS).

The following attachments must accompany your submission:

  • the final set of accounts for the sports body
  • details of how the sports body distributed its residual funds and assets.

Next: Changing structure