Trusts required to register and certain exemptions

Multiple member states

Trusts within the scope of the Irish Trust Register must acquire a certificate from the Registrar in another Member State (MS) where a relevant trust:

  • is administered in more than one MS
  • or
  • two or more of the trustees reside in different MS
  • and
  • the trustee has filed on the Central Register in another MS
  • and
  • the information is the same as what is required to be filed on the CRBOT (apart from the PPSN).


The certificate should state that the trustee has filed the information on the Central Trust Register in that MS.

The certificate must be available for inspection. 

Next: Non-Residents