Customs Roll-on Roll-off service (RoRo service)
Goods moving to or from the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) will be subject to customs formalities from 1 January 2021.
Revenue has developed the Customs Roll-On Roll-Off Service (RoRo Service) which will be available from 1 January 2021. The Customs RoRo Service will provide a range of services to facilitate the movement and control of goods and vehicles when moved by scheduled ferry between Ireland and Great Britain.
Access to the RoRo Service does not require any pre-authorisation by Revenue, making it readily available to any party in the supply chain.
The services available on the RoRo System will consist of three complementary functions:
- Pre-Boarding Notification (PBN)
- Customs Channel Look-up
- Customs Check-in
The RORO Service will provide real-time information to all parties in the supply chain on the status of the goods including:
- validation of the PBN and provision of the PBN ID
- confirmation that the goods are 'Good to proceed to Check-in' to the ferry
- the customs channel assigned to the goods prior to arrival in Ireland
- where a customs control is required, a Customs check in facility.
Next: Pre-Boarding notification (PBN)