Import Control System 2 (ICS 2)
The Import Control system (ICS) is being gradually replaced with a new system called Import Control System 2 (ICS2). This new system will allow for the implementation of the new Union Customs Code (UCC) processes and procedures relating to the entry of goods.
These include the following:
- Multiple filing of advance cargo information under Article 127(6) of the UCC
- The involvement of more supply chain actors and business models as set out Article 127(4) of the UCC.
What is ICS2?
ICS2 is the new and updated customs electronic system. It will manage the advance safety and security risk analysis for all goods entering the European Union (EU).
Benefits of ICS2
- Strengthen protection of EU citizens and the internal market against security and safety threats.
- Allow EU Customs authorities to better identify high-risk consignments and intervene at the most appropriate point in supply chain.
- Facilitate cross-border clearance of legitimate trade.
- Simplify the exchange of information between Economic Operators (EOs) and EU customs authorities.
Next: ICS2 release schedule