Temporary admission of educational and scientific equipment for research or teaching
Rules on temporary admission of educational and scientific equipment
There are general rules for temporary admission about:
- goods remaining unchanged
- time allowed
- import and re-export procedures
- prohibitions and restrictions.
In addition to the general rules, the following rules apply to educational and scientific equipment:
- You must not use the equipment for purely commercial purposes.
- You must import reasonable quantities, having regard to the purpose of importation.
- Only non-profit making scientific, teaching, or vocational training establishments may import the equipment.
- You must use the equipment for teaching, training or research.
- It must remain the property of a person or body established outside the European Union (EU).
Next: Procedure at importation