Temporary admission of professional equipment
Rules on temporary admission of professional equipment
There are general rules for temporary admission with regard to:
- the goods remaining unchanged
- the time allowed
- the import and re-export procedures
- prohibitions and restrictions.
In addition to the general rules, the following rules apply to professional equipment:
- It must be owned by a person established outside the European Union (EU).
- It must be imported either by:
- a person established outside the EU
- an employee of the owner of the equipment. This employee may be established in the EU.
- It can only be used by the importer or under their supervision. This does not apply to cases of audio-visual co-productions.
- You cannot use the temporary admission procedure to import equipment used for the following:
- industrial manufacture or packaging of goods
- exploitation of natural resources (except hand-tools)
- construction, repair or maintenance of buildings (except hand-tools)
- for earth moving and like projects (except hand-tools).
Next: Examples of professional equipment