Calculating your Income Tax

What is a Tax Credit Certificate?

Your Tax Credit Certificate (TCC) sets out the following details for the tax year:

You can view, print or download your TCC in 'My Documents' in myAccount.

When you start your first employment in Ireland, you should go online, register for myAccount and register your new employment immediately. If not, you will have to pay Emergency Tax. A TCC will be available to you in 'My Documents' once you have registered your new employment.

A Revenue Payroll Notification (RPN) will be made available, on request, by your employer. The RPN shows your total tax credits, your tax and USC rate bands. Revenue will not give your employer a breakdown of the tax credits you have claimed, only the total amount. Your employer will use this to calculate your tax and USC.


Your employer is obliged to register your new employment except where it is your first employment in the State. Your employer should register your employment with Revenue by requesting a new Revenue Payroll Notification (RPN) for you.

Next: View your pay and tax details