Manage your receipts with the receipts tracker
You can upload and view your receipts data by using the Receipts Tracker service in myAccount or Revenue Online Service (ROS). The receipts and images you upload will be available to assist you when completing your Income Tax Return. You can also claim tax credits in real time for health expenses paid and uploaded in the current year.
If you upload your receipts and images, you will not need to keep the original receipts. If you do not upload your receipt image(s) to the Receipts Tracker service, you need to keep the original receipts for six years.
The Receipts Tracker service can be accessed through:
- myAccount under the 'PAYE Services' and 'Manage My Record' cards
- ROS under the 'Other Services' section.
You can upload receipt details and images under the following categories:
You may need to complete an Income Tax Return in order to claim tax credits or tax reliefs. Your Income Tax Return is located under the "Review your tax" link in myAccount.
The type of information that you will need to include will depend on the nature of the expense and the year it was paid. For example, it is mandatory to include a receipt image for Health and Remote Working expenses paid from 2021 onwards.
You can upload receipt details and images in Receipts Tracker, by following these steps:
- Select ‘Add New Receipt’.
- Enter details in ‘Date expense paid’.
- Select the type of ‘Category’ and ‘Subcategory’ from the dropdown options provided.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and complete the mandatory fields relevant to the expense category. You can also upload receipt images, maximum three images or PDFs, under ‘Upload receipt documents’. It is important to note when uploading a receipt image or PDF, that the size cannot exceed 2MB. Please check your own device for instructions on how to resize an image or PDF.
- When you have completed uploading your receipt image(s) and all mandatory information, please select ‘Add receipt’.
- You will then receive an on-screen notification that your receipt(s) have been added successfully.
- In this screen you can follow the links to add another receipt or return to a summary of your receipt(s). You can also claim tax credits in real time for Health expenses paid in the current year.
You can create a quick link to the Revenue website on your mobile home screen by following these steps:
- Launch Safari on your iPhone or iPad.
- Navigate to the myAccount or ROS login page on www.revenue.ie.
- Tap the Share icon (the square with an arrow pointing out of it) at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap 'Add to Home Screen'.
- You will be able to enter a name for the shortcut.
- Tap 'Add' and the shortcut will be added to your device Home Screen.
Android Operating System
- Launch Chrome on your mobile or tablet
- Navigate to the myAccount or ROS login page on www.revenue.ie
- Tap the menu icon (3 dots) in upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Tap 'Add to Home screen'
- You will be able to enter a name for the shortcut
- Tap 'Add' and place on your device Home screen.
Here is a short video on how to upload receipts using the Receipts Tracker in myAccount.