Home Carer Tax Credit
Claiming Home Carer Tax Credit
Use myAccount to claim the Home Carer Tax Credit for the current year. Alternatively, you can complete the Home Carer Tax Credit claim form. You can then post this form to your Revenue office.
To claim the credit on myAccount:
- Click the 'Manage Your Tax 2024' link under 'PAYE Services'.
- Select 'Add new credits'.
- Click 'Home Carer Tax Credit' in the 'You and Your family' section.
- Fill in your dependent's details, including their PPSN and date of birth.
- Complete the process and submit.
If you pay tax under the self-assessed system, the tax credit is claimed by completing the Home Carer section on your annual tax return.
Time limit for repayment of claims
You must claim within four years after the end of the tax year to which the claim relates.
You must have paid Income Tax during the year of your claim in order to receive a repayment. If you owe Income Tax to Revenue for an earlier year, your repayment may be reduced by this amount.