Home Carer Tax Credit

Home Carer Tax Credit and your spouse or civil partner

You cannot claim both the increased Standard Rate Cut-Off Point for dual income couples and the Home Carer Tax Credit. Your Revenue Office will help you to determine which is better for you.

Informing Revenue that you receive Carer’s Allowance

Carer’s Allowance, from the Department of Social Protection (DSP), is not taken into account when checking if you are due the Home Carer Tax Credit. It is still a taxable source of income and you should notify your Revenue Office of the amount you are receiving.

Next: Claiming Home Carer Tax Credit