When a company applies for tax clearance Revenue will check:
- any director who holds more than 50% shareholding in the company (a company must supply at least one director)
- any shareholder who holds more than 50% shareholding in the company
- partnerships of which the company is a member
- a previous business entity (where there has been a transfer of a liquor licence)
- the VAT compliance of the remitting company, where the company is a VAT group non-remitter.
Next: Who should apply for a Tax Clearance Certificate where a couple are jointly assessed?