Farmers and the Flat-rate Scheme

Issuing a settlement voucher

A Value-Added Tax (VAT) registered person may prepare a settlement voucher when making a purchase from an unregistered farmer. 

Where that settlement voucher:

  • is issued prior to the issue of a flat-rate invoice
  • contains all the information required to be included on a flat-rate invoice
  • and
  • is accepted by both parties to the transaction

it is deemed to be a VAT invoice in respect of that transaction.