Moving to live in Ireland from outside the EU

Supporting documents you will need

You will need proof of residence abroad, proof of your move here, and ownership and use of the goods you are importing.

Examples of proof include:

  • sales invoices, or receipts for your goods, which show that taxes and duties have been paid and not refunded
  • documents relating to the purchase, rental or lease of property
  • documents relating to employment or occupational information such as proof of employment or cessation of employment
  • and
  • evidence of day to day living abroad.

These documents should accompany your completed Declaration form C & E 1076 (Rev 2) or Form VRT TOR.

Further information

If you require further information, please contact the Authorisations and Reliefs Unit.