Apply for a tax exemption for charities or sports bodies
This online service allows charities and sports bodies to apply for tax exemption.
Charities can apply for tax exemption if they:
You can find further information in the Charitable tax exemption section.
Sports bodies can apply for tax relief if:
- the sole purpose is to promote an athletic, or amateur, game or sport
- all funds are applied to this purpose.
You can find further information in the Sports bodies tax exemption section.
Who is the service for?
This service is for charities and sports bodies applying for exemption from payment of certain taxes.
How to access the service to claim tax exemption
You can access this service through the Revenue Online Service (ROS), by following these steps:
- Sign into ROS.
- Go to the ‘Other Services’ section in the ‘My Services’ tab.
- Select ‘Charities and Sports Bodies eApplications’.
- Follow instructions as outlined.