Filing your tax return
The Pay and File deadline for the 2022 Income Tax Return (Form 11) was Wednesday 15 November 2023. This deadline was for customers who file and pay on Revenue Online Service (ROS). For more information please see Revenue eBrief No. 177/23.
The content on these pages will help you make your 2022 Income Tax return and make a self-assessment. There are help videos on:
- opening a pre-populated Form 11
- completing the self-employed income section in the Form 11 (including information for farmers)
- completing the rental income section in the Form 11
- entering PAYE income in your Form 11, including downloading pre-populated pay, tax and USC data
- claiming tax relief for pension contribution in your Form 11
- making a full self-assessment.
When you fill in your Form 11, please ensure that you:
- complete the ‘IT Self-Assessment’ panel
- complete the 'Statement of Net Liabilities’
- pay on ROS.
ROS help section
If you have questions while filling in the form. you can refer to the ROS ‘Help Section’. This is located at the top of each panel of the form.
Warning or error messages
When you ‘Save’ or ‘Sign and Submit’ your Form 11 you may get a warning message. This is to draw your attention to an item or entry in the return that may need correction. If the entry is incorrect you must go back and amend this. If the entry is correct you can continue to ‘Save’ or ‘Sign and Submit’.
An error message will prevent you from saving your Form 11 until an entry is corrected. The field with the error will be highlighted. It may be necessary to go back to an earlier screen to update or amend an entry. For example, you many have to go back to the 'Personal Details' panel to fill in a blank field.
ROS Revenue Record (Inbox)
There are a number of videos on the website that explain the Revenue Record service to both customers and agents.
Next: Key steps in filing your tax return