Real Time Credits
How to make a Real Time Credit claim
You can make a real time claim once you have incurred qualifying expenditure. A readable image of each receipt must be uploaded to the Receipts Tracker. The Receipts Tracker is in the 'PAYE Services' and 'Manage My Record' sections on myAccount.
You will need to provide details of the date the expense was paid and the amount paid by you. You may need to supply additional information when claiming for certain credits or reliefs, for example:
- the name and Personal Public Service Number (PPSN) of the nursing home resident, if you pay the fees
- a Med 2 Form completed by your dental practitioner for non-routine dental procedures.
In the Receipts Tracker:
- Select ‘Add new receipt’.
- Input the date the expense was paid.
- Select a category and a sub-category from the list provided.
- Input the amount of expenses you paid.
- Confirm if you have received a reimbursement from a third party, where relevant.
- Upload your receipt, follow the instructions and select ‘Add receipt’ on the bottom of the page.
- Follow any further prompts.
- Sign and submit by entering your myAccount password.
Refunds and reimbursements from third parties
You may be entitled to, or may have received, a refund or reimbursement from a third party toward your expenditure from:
If you received a refund or reimbursement, or are entitled to either, you must:
- choose ‘Yes’ when asked if you received a refund or reimbursement
- enter the amount reimbursed or due to be reimbursed to you.
This amount will be automatically deducted from the expense before you make your claim for Real Time Credits. You cannot complete your claim until you confirm the amount of refund or reimbursement you have received.
You cannot claim relief for the amount of any refund or reimbursement of your expenditure that you have, or are due, to receive.
If the refund or reimbursement covers several expense claims, the amount should be apportioned between each relevant claim.
Next: How to check the progress of your uploaded receipts